Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB)
- Appeal Procedures
- Education Opportunities
- Guide for Working on Projects under OSHPD Jurisdiction - Tips from Experts
- Annual Report to California Seismic Safety Commission
The Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB or Board) was established by Senate Bill 519 (Alquist) in the original Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act of 1973.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- Advise the Director of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) on the administration of the Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act, and
- Act as a board of appeals with regard to seismic safety and fire and life safety issues relating to hospital facilities.
The Board is comprised of:
- Sixteen board members appointed by the Director of OSHPD from nominations submitted by professional associations, as specified in the Health and Safety Code, and three more are appointed as public members.
- Six statutory ex-officio members, representing state agencies whose programs interface with the hospital design and construction program.
- Three additional ex-officio members appointed by the Director of OSHPD as desired. These appointed Board members serve 4-year terms with a maximum of two terms.
Board members maintain close contact with professional groups and important industry organizations to bring attention to changes and emerging issues occurring in the design and construction of health facilities in California.
The full Board meets on an as needed basis. Additionally, committee meetings are held throughout the year. All meetings are open to the public and interested parties are always welcome to attend.
- Go to the OSHPD subscription page and choose Hospital Building Safety Board News to recieve HBSB news and information.
Acting Executive Director
400 R Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, California 95811
Fax (916) 324-9118
- FDD Home
- About FDD
- Contact FDD
- Announcements/Updated Reports
- eServices Information
- Forms, Applications, and Reminder Lists
- Project Status Reports
- Regulation Codes and Policies
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Preapproval Programs
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
- Training & Education
- Additional Information/Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Contact the FDD Webmaster
- Quality of Service Survey
- FDD Site Map