Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB)
Education and Outreach Committee
One-Day Seminar: "Lessons Learned During Construction"
- Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - Garden Grove, CA
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - Sacramento, CA
- See Flyer & Seminar Registration for additional details
Energy Conservation & Management Committee
The California Energy Commission:
- Is soliciting ideas for improving energy efficiency for hospitals. If you have an idea you would like to share, please contact Gabriel D. Taylor at Gabriel.Taylor@energy.ca.gov.
- Has released a new Grant Funding Opportunity focused on building natural gas-use efficiency demonstration projections within the Los Angeles basin. The deadline to submit applications is August 12, 2016. For more information, please visit: http://www.energy.ca.gov/contracts/GFO-16-502/.
- Appeal Procedures
- Education Opportunities
- Guide for Working on Projects under OSHPD Jurisdiction - Tips from Experts
- Annual Report to California Seismic Safety Commission
Read about the HBSB
The Hospital Building Safety Board (HBSB or Board) was established by Senate Bill 519 (Alquist) in the original Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act of 1973.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- Advise the Director of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) on the administration of the Hospital Facilities Seismic Safety Act, and
- Act as a board of appeals with regard to seismic safety and fire and life safety issues relating to hospital facilities.
The Board is comprised of:
- Sixteen board members appointed by the Director of OSHPD from nominations submitted by professional associations, as specified in the Health and Safety Code, and three more are appointed as public members.
- Six statutory ex-officio members, representing state agencies whose programs interface with the hospital design and construction program.
- Three additional ex-officio members appointed by the Director of OSHPD as desired. These appointed Board members serve 4-year terms with a maximum of two terms.
Board members maintain close contact with professional groups and important industry organizations to attention to changes and emerging issues occurring in the design and construction of health facilities in California.
The full Board meets on an as needed basis. Additionally, committee meetings are held throughout the year. All meetings are open to the public and interested parties are always welcome to attend.
- The purpose of the Board is to:
- Go to the OSHPD subscription page and choose Hospital Building Safety Board News to recieve HBSB news and information.
Acting Executive Director
400 R Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, California 95811
Fax (916) 324-9118
This page was last updated on Friday, September 23, 2016.
- FDD Home
- About FDD
- Announcements/Updated Reports
- eServices Information
- Preapproval Programs
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
- Regulation Codes and Policies
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Forms, Applications, and Reminder Lists
- Project Status Reports
- Training & Education
- Additional Information
- FDD Site Map