Allied Healthcare Scholarship
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Allied Healthcare Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled into the fields of Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Assistant, Medical Imaging, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy Assistant, Radiation Therapy Technology, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Care, Social Work, Speech Therapy, Surgical Technician, and Ultrasound Technician will be given priority. Other allied health professions may apply.
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- graduate after January 31, 2014
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years
- submit a complete application that is postmarked on or before October 1, 2013
Those awarded the Allied Healthcare Scholarship may receive up to $4,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation or 100 volunteer hours practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a medically underserved area (MUA), health professional shortage area (HPSA), county, state or veterans facility. To determine if a facility qualifies, follow the instructions here.