Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in a Bachelor Degree nursing program in California
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- graduate after June 30, 2016
- be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area (see below) for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACHby the application deadline
- application is open January 4, 2016 - February 29, 2016
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $13,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), county, state, or veteran facility. To determine if a facility qualifies, follow the instructions here.