Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment
Applications for the 2013 cycle will be available for electronic submittal at calreach.oshpd.ca.gov. Register as a NEW USER, to access the application.
Complete your scholarship or loan repayment applications now. Deadline has been extended to October 19, 2013
Click below to get information on applying for programs using the new electronic system.
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment, the applicant must:
- be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- be practicing as an RN providing direct patient care in a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA), County, State, prison, or Veteran's facility (to find out if your facility qualifies, follow the instructions here)
- have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by October 1, 2013
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment may receive up to $8,000. If you were previously awarded the BSN loan repayment, you may be awarded a second time for up to an additional $11,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Each award requires an additional two year service obligation.