BSNLRP Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment, the applicant must:
- be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in California and have a BSN degree
- be practicing as an RN providing direct patient care in a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), County, State, prison, or Veteran's facility (to find out if your facility qualifies, follow the instructions here)
- have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
- application is open September 9, 2015 - November 2, 2015
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Loan Repayment may receive up to $8,000. If you were previously awarded the BSN loan repayment, you may be awarded a second time for up to an additional $11,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Each award requires an additional two year service obligation.
Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program Map
Enter an address in the map search bar to determine whether a worksite falls in a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Medically Underserved Population (MUP), Registered Nurse Shortage Area(RNSA), Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA) or Health Professional Shortage Area- Primary Care (HPSA-PC). If the worksite falls in a shaded area, it qualifies for the Bachelors of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program. Other types of qualifying facilities not shown on this map include: county facilities, veterans facilities, correctional facilities, federally qualified health centers and indian health centers. If your worksite does not fall in a shaded area, but may qualify through another designation, please contact a member of our program staff.