Health Professions Education Scholarship Program
Applications for the 2013 cycle will be available for electronic submittal at calreach.oshpd.ca.gov. Register as a NEW USER, to access the application.
Complete your scholarship or loan repayment applications now. Deadline has been extended to October 19, 2013
Click below to get information on applying for programs through the new electronic system.
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Health Professions Education Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in the following California Board or Committee approved programs:
- Dental Hygienists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Physician Assistant
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- graduate after January 31, 2014
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by October 1, 2013
Those awarded the Health Professions Education Scholarship may receive up to $10,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a medically underserved area (MUA), health professional shortage area (HPSA), county, state or veterans facility. To determine if a facility qualifies, follow the instructions here.