Vocational Nurse Scholarship Program
Application cycle is open from January 3rd, 2017 until February 28th, 2017.
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Vocational Nurse Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in a California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians program:
- Vocational Nursing
- be enrolled in full time hours
- have a GPA of 2.0 or greater
- graduate after June 30, 2017
- be free from any other service obligation, except HPEF scholarship programs
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for twenty-four (24) months
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
- application is open January 3, 2017 – February 28, 2017
Those awarded the Vocational Nurse Scholarship may receive up to $4,000 for one year of school. If awarded, recipients agree to practice full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California for a twenty-four (24) month service obligation. Qualified facilities include those designated by The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) or California’s Shortage Designation Program, a liaison to the federal Shortage Designation Branch (SDB) of Health Resources and Services Administration as Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Medically Underserved Population (MUP), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), or a Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA). In addition to the Federal and CA state designations, any state, county, veteran, or correctional facility qualifies as well as Indian Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers. See chart of qualified designations associated Vocational Nursing.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, March 8, 2017.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 12,882 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $146.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.