Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment
Applications for the 2013 cycle will be available for electronic submittal at calreach.oshpd.ca.gov. Register as a NEW USER, to access the application.
Complete your scholarship or loan repayment applications now. Deadline has been extended to October 19, 2013
Click below to get information on applying for programs using the new electronic system.
CalREACH Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment webinar recording June 27, 2013
CalREACH Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment PowerPoint
CalREACH Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment webinar questions
Who may apply?
To be considered for an award, you must:
- Be an allopathic or osteopathic physician
- Be free of any contractual service obligations (i.e the National Health Service Corps Federal Loan Repayment Program or other financial incentive programs)
- Have outstanding educational debt from a government or commercial lending institution
- Have a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in California
- Be currently employed or have accepted employment in a Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) in California
- Commit to providing full-time direct patient care in a HPSA for a minimum of three (3) years
The Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment Program encourages recently licensed physicians to practice in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) in California. The program authorizes a plan for repaying up to $105,000 in educational loans in exchange for full-time service for a minimum of three (3) years.