STLRPSteven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment Program
Who may apply?
To be considered for an award, you must:
- Be an allopathic or osteopathic physician or surgeon
- Be free of any contractual service obligations (i.e the National Health Service Corps Federal Loan Repayment Program or other financial incentive programs)
- Have outstanding educational debt from a government or commercial lending institution
- Have a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in California
- Be currently employed or have accepted employment in a Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) or Primary Care Shortage Area (PCSA) in California
- Commit to providing full-time medical services in a HPSA or PCSA for a minimum of three (3) years
The Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment Program encourages recently licensed physicians and surgeons to practice in Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) and Primary Care Shortage Areas (PCSA) in California. The program repays up to $105,000 in educational loans in exchange for full-time service for a minimum of three (3) years.