Program Funding Information
California Health and Human Services
- The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP) Mini Grants
Provides funding for activities that provide direct and indirect program support for underrepresented and/or economically disadvantaged students to pursue careers in the health industry.
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP) CalSEARCH
Provides students, residents, and Community Health Workers/Promotores (CHW/P) with clinical experiences linked to preceptors, mentors, and community projects.
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP) CalPOST-BAC
Provides a strategy to retain exceptional students from under-represented minority (URM) backgrounds in the medical profession career pipeline.
- Song-Brown Health Care Workforce Training Act
Provides financial support to family practice residency, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, and registered nurse (RN) education programs throughout California.
Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Selected Education and Heath Occupations-related Federal Grants (updated April 30, 2010)
A wide variety of program grants have recently been announced by the Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This listing of selected education and health occupations-related grants offer opportunities for disadvantaged students, nursing faculty development, distance learning and telemedicine programs, and more! To locate additional federal grants, please visit: www.grants.gov.
Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
Provides information relative to funding opportunities through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
California Medical Association (CMA) Foundation
Provides funding for local community health projects.
California Wellness Foundation
The mission of The California Wellness Foundation is to improve the health of the people of California by making grants for health promotion, wellness education and disease prevention.
Cope Health Solutions
Provides training and scholarship programs to southern California students interested in healthcare professions.
The Craftmanship Center
Provides lists and links to top grant-making Foundations in California, community foundations in California, corporate giving programs in California, and the California State homepage.
- Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse
- CHWPC Resources
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP)
- Health Workforce Pilot Projects Program (HWPP)
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) / California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- California Primary Care Office (PCO)
- Shortage Designation Program
- Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Programs
- Research, Policy and Planning GIS/Data System
- Health Care Reform
- Site Map
- Healthcare Pathways
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development
400 R Street, Suite 330
Sacramento, CA 95811-6213
Phone: (916) 326-3700
Fax: (916) 322-2588
The information on this webpage is intended as a resource to anyone wanting to explore funding sources for their health program.