Healthcare Pathways Student Newsletter | Current | Archive |
Newsletter is formatted to print double-sided on 11x17 paper. Print at 100% size (do not fit to page).
Calendar of Events
Health Professions Education Program Search Tool
Health Careers Scholarship List | Excel version | PDF version |
Time Management for Health Professions Students | PDF version |
Organization ResourcesStudent Organizations California Professional Organizations National Professional Organizations Health Licensing or Certification Resources
Have a question? Want to add a resource to our page? We're here to help! HCTP@oshpd.ca.gov |
Chapter 434, Statutes of 1981 (California Health and Safety Code Section 127885 et seq.) and the 1985-86 Governor's Budget authorized OSHPD to begin a contracting program to facilitate the training of underrepresented individuals for health professions needed in underserved areas of the State. The HCTP is a health professions resource for students as well as individuals within California's healthcare industry and workforce development communities.
To help strengthen California's healthcare industry demands, and develop a culturally and linguistically competent healthcare workforce for all citizens, HCTP staff coordinates activities with various governmental bodies, education and training sites, funding organizations, and healthcare providers and associations by:
- Developing public/private partnerships to encourage and address health careers training and employment needs for a workforce that reflects the diversity of the state's population.
- Identifying funding sources and financial incentives for training and placement activities using specialized grants, student scholarships and loan repayments that significantly assist the development of California's workforce.
- Assisting educators and healthcare providers in developing and/or expanding occupational training for targeted health occupations.
- Increasing the numbers of underrepresented, economically, and educationally disadvantaged students through reinforcement of the skill sets needed to successfully complete a health professional education.
- Increasing awareness of available health professions through student outreach and conference activities.
Daniel Alvarado, Program Administrator
Phone: (916) 326-3710
Phone: (916) 326-3723
Felicia M. Borges, Manager
Phone: (916) 326-3768