The Mini Grants Program
Mini Grants are designed to strengthen the educational and social foundations by providing direct and indirect program support for underrepresented and/or economically disadvantaged students to build on as they pursue careers in the health industry. Only qualifying organizations may apply. Individuals are not eligible to apply.
Mini Grants funded activities focus on various categories that cover health career conferences and workshops and health career exploration. Currently, Mini Grants are offered each fiscal year, with contract activities covering 12 consecutive months.
NEW APPLICATION CYLCE: The 2015-16 Mini Grants application cycle will be open from January 22 to February 22, 2016. Organizations interested in applying for the Mini Grants program should review the Mini Grants Grant Guide which contains important information such as available funding, award categories, and eligibility. Only organizations may apply. Individuals are not eligible to apply.
Click here to access the Mini Grants Grant Guide.
All applications will be received through our web-based application system, CalREACH. All applicants must register in CalREACH and submit all application materials through this system.
Click here to access the CalREACH system.
A Mini Grants Technical Assistance Webinar for CalSEARCH was scheduled for February 2, 2016 to facilitate questions regarding the application process.
A list of Frequently Asked Questions will be posted on February 10, 2016.
CALL FOR REVIEWERS: If you are interested in serving as a member of the Evaluation and Selection Committee Review Team, please complete an application and send your resume to: email@example.com by February 12, 2016.
Click here to access the Evaluation and Selection Committee Review Team Application.
Past Mini Grant Program Cycles
- RFA 14-5404
- RFA 14-5404 Intent to Award
- RFA 14-5404 Addendum
- RFA 14-5404 FAQ
- Technical Assistance Webinar – 01/23/2015
- Technical Assistance Webinar – 02/18/2015
- RFA 13-4161 Intent to Award
- 13-4161 RFA
- 13-4161 RFA Addendum
- 13-4161 FAQ (Updated 2-14-14)
- 13-4161 Pre-Award Application TA Webinar Recording 1-27-14
- 13-4161 Pre-Award Application TA Webinar Recording 2-14-14
(Repeat of 1-27-14 webinar)
- RFA 13-4161 Flyer
- 12-4500 Post Award TA Webinar Recording 6-27-13
- 12-4500 Intent to Award
- 12-4500 FAQ
- 12-4500 PowerPoint 2-26-13
- 12-4500 Webinar Recording 2-26-13
- 12-4500 PowerPoint 3-5-13
- 12-4500 Webinar Recording 3-5-13
- 12-4500 RFA
- 11-2450 FAQ
- 11-2450 Awardees
- 11-2450 Announcement
- 11-2450 RFA
- 10-1494 Announcement
- 10-1494 RFA
- 10-1494 FAQs
- 10-1494 Awardees
- 09-9557 RFA
- 09-9557 FAQs
- 09-9557 Awardees
- 09-9557 Map
- 08-9389 RFA
- 08-9389 FAQs
- 08-9389 FAQs Question #33
- 08-9389 Awardees
- 07-7333 RFA
- 07-7333 FAQs
- 07-7333 Awardees
- 06-7013 RFA
- 06-7013 Awardees
Mini Grants Program Contacts
- Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse
- CHWPC Resources
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP)
- Health Workforce Pilot Projects Program (HWPP)
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) / California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- California Primary Care Office (PCO)
- Shortage Designation Program
- Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Programs
- Research, Policy and Planning GIS/Data System
- Health Care Reform
- Site Map
- Healthcare Pathways
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development
400 R Street, Suite 330
Sacramento, CA 95811-6213
Phone: (916) 326-3700
Fax: (916) 322-2588