Publications and Reports
HWDD has a variety of publications and reports designed to promote healthcare education and practice throughout the state, including creative healthcare strategies through its pilot projects program.
HWDD Annual Summary
Healthcare Pathways Newsletter
Current | Archive
The Healthcare Pathways quarterly newsletter is designed to inspire readers to pursue health careers, assist in locating challenging and affordable local educational programs, and provide a wide range of informational resources that are necessary to achieve their goals.
Physician Assistants Report
OSHPD’s Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse Program, in collaboration with the California Academy of Physician Assistants, has released a report examining the results of a 2013 survey of physician assistants (PA) in California. The report includes responses from 3,405 PAs on various topics such as provider demographics, patient characteristics, retirement plans, employment status, specialties, practice sites, student loans, working in underserved areas, and graduation statistics.
The Survey Snapshot features data on Physician Assistants including, but not limited to, provider and patient demographics, graduation statistics, practice sites, retirement plans, employment status, and specialties.
English | Spanish | Fact Sheet
Healthcare Workforce Diversity Advisory Council Final Report.
Publications not in print
- Financial Advice and Health Career Resource Directory for Students (5.1MB)
- Minorities in Public Health (3.5MB)
- Minorities in Medicine (9.9MB)
- The Physician Assistant: A Guide for Minority Students (2.7MB)
- Educational Survival Skills Study Guide (15.2MB)
- Time Management for Students (5.9MB)
- Third World: Student Organizations & Health Groups (4.2MB)
Health Workforce Pilot Project Program Reports
- Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse
- CHWPC Resources
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP)
- Health Workforce Pilot Projects Program (HWPP)
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) / California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- California Primary Care Office (PCO)
- Shortage Designation Program
- Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Programs
- Research, Policy and Planning GIS/Data System
- Health Care Reform
- Site Map
- Healthcare Pathways
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development
400 R Street, Suite 330
Sacramento, CA 95811-6213
Phone: (916) 326-3700
Fax: (916) 322-2588