California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
The SLRP was congressionally authorized in 1987 under the U.S. Public Health Services Act, 42 U.S.C. 254q1. Click here to view
- SLRP increases the number of primary care physicians, dentists, dental hygienists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, and mental health providers practicing in defined Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
- SLRP authorizes repayment of educational loans to health professionals, who in turn must commit to practice in medically underserved areas in public or non-profit entities for a minimum of two years and maximum of four years.
- GOT LOANS??? The SLRP has $1 million in funding available to repay outstanding government and commercial loans for expenses incurred during the undergraduate or graduate education. The upcoming application cycle will begin on August 1, 2012 and end on October 1, 2012. Applications must be postmarked by October 1, 2012 for eligibility.
SLRP Applications Process and Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- NEW! Program Fact Sheet
- Provider Application
- Certified Eligible Site Application and Instructions
Looking for Employment?
The Certified Site Lists below provide you with participating clinics and contact information. We do not maintain a vacancy list or broker job placements.
- CHWPC Resources
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP)
- Health Workforce Pilot Projects Program (HWPP)
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) / California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- California Primary Care Office (PCO)
- Rural Health Services Unit (RHSU)
- Shortage Designation Program
- Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Programs
- Research, Policy and Planning GIS/Data System
- Health Care Reform
- Site Map
- Healthcare Pathways
400 R Street, Suite 330
Sacramento, CA 95811-6213
Phone: (916) 326-3700
Fax: (916) 322-2588