Proposal to Transfer Workforce Education and Training programs to OSHPD
The Governor's Budget proposes to transfer $12.255 million in budget authority in FY 2012-13 for the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Workforce Education and Training (WET) Program from the Department of Mental Health to the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development. The $12.255 million includes $12.15 million for programs and $105,000 for one staff and operating expenses associated with administering the WET program.
The $12.15 million in budget authority being transferred includes:
- Contracts with 11 Institutions to Provide Stipends to Students in Mental Health Programs
- Contracts with three Psychiatric Residency Programs
- Contract with Statewide Technical Assistance Center
- Contracts with Regional Partnerships
- Development of WET Five-Year Plan
Contracts for the stipend programs, psychiatric residency programs, statewide technical assistance center and regional partnerships are multi-year, have varying end dates and are funded through an annual appropriation.Fact Sheet on Governor's Proposal
MHSA WET 5 Year Plan
Reorganization of Department of Mental Health Functions
OSHPD and MHSA WET Transition - PDF Presentation | PowerPoint Presentation
For more information on this proposal, please email MHSAWET@oshpd.ca.gov.