Allied Healthcare Scholarship
Applications for the 2013 cycle will be available for electronic submittal at calreach.oshpd.ca.gov. Register as a NEW USER, to access the application.
Complete your scholarship or loan repayment applications now. Deadline has been extended to October 19, 2013
Click below to get information on applying for programs through the new electronic system.
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Allied Healthcare Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Radiation Therapy Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- Social Work
- Speech Therapy
- Surgical Technician
- Ultrasound Technician
- Other, Allied Healthcare (will not be given priority) Nursing is not an allied profession.
- be free from any other service obligation
- have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California
- graduate after January 31, 2014
- be willing to work in a medically underserved area for one year
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by October 1, 2013
Those awarded the Allied Healthcare Scholarship may receive up to $4,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation or 100 volunteer hours practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a medically underserved area (MUA), health professional shortage area (HPSA), county, state or veterans facility. To determine if a facility qualifies, follow the instructions here.