Welcome to the California Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse has been developed by the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development, Healthcare Workforce Development Division to serve as the central source of healthcare workforce and educational data in the state.
OSHPD’s Healthcare Workforce Clearinghouse Program, in collaboration with the California Academy of Physician Assistants, has released a report examining the results of a 2013 survey of physician assistants (PA) in California. The report includes responses from 3,405 PAs on various topics such as provider demographics, patient characteristics, retirement plans, employment status, specialties, practice sites, student loans, working in underserved areas, and graduation statistics.
Clearinghouse would like feedback about your experience on our website.
Complete a simple survey now.
- California Community Colleges, 2014
- California Licensed Psychiatric Technicians, 2014
- California State Universities, 2014
- Dentists: Age, Licensure, Sex, and Location, 2014
- Dentists: Age, Sex and Education, 2014
- EDD - Dentists, 2014
- EDD - Occupational Employment Projections, 2014
- EDD - Physician Assistants (PA), 2014
- EDD - Registered Dental Assistants (RDA), 2014
- EDD - Registered Dental Hygienists (RDH), 2014
- Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs), 2014
- Physicians and Surgeons, 2015 New!
- Physicians and Surgeons (MD): A Preliminary Analysis, 2014
- Psychiatrists - Medical Board of California's Physician Survey, 2014
- Registered Dental Assistants (RDAs), 2014
- Registered Dental Hygienists (RDHs), 2014
- Registered Nurses in California: Income, Wage, Leading Hospital Departments, 2014
- Registered Nurses in California: Reasons for Not Working in Nursing Profession, Job Satisfaction, 2014
- Top 10 Healthcare Programs, 2014
- University of California, 2014
Fact Sheets for additional occupations to be released in the future.
- CAPA Survey Snapshot, 2013
- Dentists, 2013
- Doctors of Osteopathy (DOs), 2012
- EDD Occupational Employment Projections, 2013
- Health Professions Education Program Search Tool
- Physician Assistants (PAs), 2012
- Physicians and Surgeons (MDs), 2012
- Psychiatric Technicians, 2012
- Registered Nurses (RNs), 2012
- Registered Dental Hygienists (RDH), 2013
- Registered Dental Assistants (RDA), 2013
- Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCPs), 2012
- Vocational Nurses (VNs), 2013
- Employment Development Department (EDD) Occupational Employment Projections
- This report displays the employment projections for licensed and certified health professionals in California by occupation and either the Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) or statewide level. Occupational information is based on EDD Labor Market Information Division's long term (10 year) Occupational Employment Projections.
- Age Distributions
This report displays age distribution by county for current licensees from the Dental Board of California, Dental Hygienist Board of California, and the Board of Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians. Age distribution statistics are available for the following health occupations: Dentist (DDS), Registered Dental Hygienists (RDA), Registered Dental Assistants (RDA), Licensed Vocational Nurses (VN), and Psychiatric Technicians (PT). Age categories are determined by licensee's self-reported year of birth. Counties displayed are derived by licensee's self-reported county of record.
- Provider Count
This report displays provider counts by county for current licensees from the Dental Board of California, Dental Hygienist Board of California, and the Board of Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians. Provider count statistics are available for the following health occupations: Dentist (DDS), Registered Dental Hygienists (RDA), Registered Dental Assistants (RDA), Licensed Vocational Nurses (VN), and Psychiatric Technicians (PT). Counties displayed are derived by the licensee's self-reported county of record.
- Student Enrollments
- Degrees Awarded
HWDD's Healthcare Reform (HCR) and Workforce Education and Training (WET) Programs
The Health Care Reform (HCR) and Workforce Education and Training (WET) programs within HWDD produce healthcare workforce research reports, briefs, and literature reviews relating to the healthcare workforce, the Affordable Care Act, and the public mental healthcare system.
During the development of the Workforce Education and Training (WET) Five-Year Plan 2014-2019, OSHPD, via a contractor, conducted a large-scale analysis of California's public mental health workforce needs.
The findings from this large-scale analysis offer a foundation for existing and future efforts by OSHPD and its partners to improve and build upon the public mental health workforce. The findings are presented via six distinct reports. The master executive summary identifies key highlights from each report. You can access the WET Reports under the Reports and Resources tab.