California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
The SLRP was congressionally authorized in 1987 under the U.S. Public Health Services Act, 42 U.S.C. 254q1. Click here to view
- SLRP increases the number of primary care physicians, dentists, dental hygienists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, and mental health providers practicing in defined Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs).
- SLRP authorizes repayment of educational loans to health professionals, who in turn must commit to practice in medically underserved areas in public or non-profit entities for a minimum of two years and maximum of four years.
The SLRP 2014 Application Cycle is now closed.
- Apply through the online electronic CalREACH system for both the provider and site applications.
- Apply early so that you will have time to complete the application. Do not wait to the last minute to apply as you may not be able to submit your application once the deadline cutoff date has passed.
- SLRP Application Flyer
If you have any current questions regarding the SLRP program, please send all inquiries through the SLRP email address: SLRP@oshpd.ca.gov.
SLRP CalREACH Provider Application
The SLRP CalREACH Provider Application is no longer available for the 2014 application cycle. Please check back in 2015 for the application dates.
Certified Eligible Site Lists and New CalREACH Site CES Application
A Certified Eligible Site (CES) Application must be completed ONLY for New sites or sites renewing their application and who want to be approved as a Certified Eligible Site (CES) . Individuals cannot apply for this application. A site representative must resubmit a new CES application every three-years if they want to continue participating in the SLRP as hosts for SLRP provider recipients.
Accessing the CalREACH (Responsive Electronic Application for California’s Healthcare) Certified Eligible Site (CES) Application:
- Accepting Year Round Applications!
CalREACH Certified Eligible Site Electronic Application
Note:Clicking on the link which will take you to Welcome to CalREACH! Enter as a New User and complete the Registration page. On the Registration page, click on the Program drop down box and select SLRP Certified Eligible Site (CES) Application in the drop down box as this application is ONLY for the Site Representatives who want to apply as an approved SLRP CES.
Instructions on how to complete the provider application is located in the Provider’s and Site Webinar Recording and PowerPoint Presentation below. Please review the recording and webinar as this will take you through each of the application pages.
- New! CalREACH Site Instructions
- Update Coming Soon! CalREACH SLRP Provider's and Site Webinar Recording and PowerPoint Presentation August 16, 2013
NOTE: You will need to forward advance to 1 minute and 15 seconds to view the slides.
- Update Coming Soon! CalREACH SLRP Provider’s and Site Webinar PowerPoint
- Contact AGATE Help Desk for all system questions/issues and inability to access your Username or Password.
AGATE Help Desk Availability
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
The approved SLRP Certified Site Lists provide you with participating clinics and contact information. (SLRP does not maintain a vacancy list of broker job placements.)
- Update Coming Soon! Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- CHWPC Resources
- Health Careers Training Program (HCTP)
- Health Workforce Pilot Projects Program (HWPP)
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) / California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP)
- California Primary Care Office (PCO)
- Shortage Designation Program
- Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Programs
- Research, Policy and Planning GIS/Data System
- Health Care Reform
- Site Map
- Healthcare Pathways
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development
400 R Street, Suite 330
Sacramento, CA 95811-6213
Phone: (916) 326-3700
Fax: (916) 322-2588