Codes and Regulations
Code Application Notices (CANs)
OSHPD issues Code Application Notices (CANs) to interpret specific sections of the California Building Standards Code. A Policy Intent Notice (PIN) is the Office’s policy on a specific subject. Use the links below to view an index of CANs that were issued for a specific year of California Building Standards Codes and the index of PINs that have been issued.
- Index of 2001 CANs (Based on 2001 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of 2007 CANs (Based on 2007 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of 2010 CANs (Based on 2010 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of 2013 CANs (Based on 2013 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of 2016 CANs (Based on 2016 California Building Standards Code)
- Index of PINs
To view additional codes go to the Codes & Regulations web page.
For questions or comments related PINs or CANs, please eMail the Building Standards Unit at email@example.com.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- FDD Home
- About FDD
- Announcements/Updated Reports
- eServices Information
- Preapproval Programs
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
- Regulation Codes and Policies
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Forms, Applications, and Reminder Lists
- Project Status Reports
- Training & Education
- Additional Information
- FDD Site Map