Seismic Compliance Unit
Application Process for Submission of Projects to the Seismic Compliance Unit
Use the Application for New Project (OSH-FD-121) form so that a project number can be created by the Office. Do not create a project number in eCA.
- The Seismic Compliance Unit does not review projects that involve any construction. Such reviews are performed by the appropriate region of the Building Safety Section of OSHPD/FDD. For submittal of projects that involves construction, use the eServices Portal.
- The Seismic Compliance Unit encourages submittal in an electronic format.
- Electronic Documents can be transmitted to the Seismic Compliance Unit (SCU) in a CD or USB, Email or request a FTP link from the SCU Support Staff.
Submittal Packages Shall Adhere to the Following
- Include a Letter of Transmittal with all the documents transmitted.
- Applications includes:
- Letter of Authorization (OSH-FD-309), if applicable (if the facility legal owner or administrator has not signed the application then a Letter of Authorization (LOA) is required).
- Facility Name and Number is required on all documents.
- One Application PER OSHPD Building (exception is NPC 2 Upgrade), If you have multiple buildings for the same type of project and have the same documents, please combine into one set of documents for all buildings (Applications are the only document that must be one per building).
- Email addresses of all parties INCLUDING a contact at the Facility and the Facility Administrator.
- Single PDF file for each document.
- Reference Plans/As Builts in PDF Format only shall be in a single PDF File according to Project #. All Plans from OSHPD Approved Projects MUST include the Project # on all Plan Sets.
- Back Checks require the addition of Project Numbers.
Document Submittal Format for Seismic Compliance
Professional Stamps and Signatures as required per:
- California Administrative Code, Section 7-115
- California Administrative Code, Section 7-111
Electronic Documents must be in PDF format with proper Naming Conventions in accordance with the following:
|Document Type||Separator||Project File Number Samples*||Full Naming Convention Example*|
|Basis of Design||-||SRU-2016-00005||FACNO_BOD_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|Material Testing Program||-||SER-2016-00045||FACNO_MAT PRG_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|Material Testing Results||-||SER-2016-00045||FACNO_MAT RES_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|NPC # Upgrade||-||SRU-2016-00005||FACNO-NPC#_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
(Only use when no other description will work)
(NO OSHPD Project Number Plan Sets)
(OSHPD Approved Plan Sets)
|-||SES-2016-00250||FACNO_REF_OSHPD Approved Project #_2016MMDD|
|Response to Remarks Letter||-||SRU-2016-00005||FACNO_RES LTR_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|SMRF Program||-||SER-2016-00125||FACNO_SMRF PRG_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|SMRF Results||-||SER-2016-00125||FACNO_SMRF RES_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|SPC # Upgrade||-||SRU-2016-00005||FACNO_SPC# UPG_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|SPC 4D MTCAP Program||-||SER-2016-01432||FACNO_MTCAP_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
|SPC 4D MTCAR Results||-||SER-2016-01432||FACNO_MTCAR_BLD01234_2016MMDD|
*Substitute FACNO with five-digit Facility ID number.
*Use BLDMULTI where multiple buildings are involved.
For questions or comments related to the Application Process for Submission of Projects, please eMail the Seismic Compliance Unit.
This page was last updated on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- FDD Home
- About FDD
- Announcements/Updated Reports
- eServices Information
- Preapproval Programs
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
- Regulation Codes and Policies
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Forms, Applications, and Reminder Lists
- Project Status Reports
- Training & Education
- Additional Information
- FDD Site Map