Seismic Compliance Unit
SPC -4D is a new Structural Performance Category that is part of the 2016 California Building Standards Code, which allows noncompliant buildings to go past the 2030 seismic compliance deadline.
These regulations have an effective date of 1/1/2017.
The SPC-4D upgrade requires submittal of multiple projects to the Seismic Compliance Unit and the Building Safety Section of FDD. See the flowchart below (click to enlarge) for the recommended order of submittals of projects to FDD.
OSHPD/FDD Process for Material Testing and Condition Assessment for SPC-4D projects
For questions or comments related to the SPC-4D Regulations, please eMail the Seismic Compliance Unit.
This page was last updated on Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
- FDD Home
- About FDD
- Announcements/Updated Reports
- eServices Information
- Preapproval Programs
- Seismic Compliance
- Hospital Inspector Certification Program (HICP)
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs)
- Regulation Codes and Policies
- Code Application Notices (CANs) and Policy Intent Notices (PINs)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Forms, Applications, and Reminder Lists
- Project Status Reports
- Training & Education
- Additional Information
- FDD Site Map