MIRCal – Hospital (Inpatient Discharges Only) Data Collection Program
The California Health and Safety Code (Section 128735) requires Inpatient (IP) Discharge Data records from hospitals be reported to the Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD). For text of the law, visit the California Legislative Information website.
Information about reporting inpatient discharge data to MIRCal:
- Contact Us online or by phone.
- IP Data Format & File Specifications
- IP Data Elements to be Reported
- Getting Started: Determine what you need.
- IP Abstract, Rev. 6/16
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MIRCal Resources: Bulletins, Forms, Manuals
- Laws and Regulations
- MIRCal IP Training & Education: On-Site Presentations & Teleconferences
- Computer-Based Training (CBT): This is a step-by-step training course on how to submit your Inpatient, Emergency Department, or Ambulatory Surgery data to OSHPD through the MIRCal system. We strongly recommend that you take this training in order to become comfortable navigating through MIRCal.
This page was last updated on Thursday, January 5, 2017.