California Perspectives In Healthcare
California Perspectives in Healthcare is designed to provide an overview of healthcare facilities and services within California. The publications are divided into sections including one section for each of California's 58 counties and one section for statewide.
Each of the sections is further divided into four parts and includes:
- Demographic information;
- An overview of healthcare resource maps (maps showing facility locations by ER designation and includes population data by ZIP code);
- Hospitalization characteristics; and
- Trends for selected conditions, procedures and injuries.
California Perspectives in Healthcare is intended to raise questions among health planners, policymakers, and other decision-makers. With healthcare costs rising, and more and more people becoming uninsured, it's critical these questions are raised in order to focus efforts to improve access and quality of care. It is also important to have accurate information about these issues to enable stakeholders to make informed choices in efficient ways.
See the Perspective FAQ if you have questions about this product.
Perspectives 2004 includes the Statewide Overview and all 58 California Counties in compressed (zipped) Excel and .pdf Formats:
- Read Me File (pdf)
- Perspectives 2004 - 4 files in Excel & pdf format compressed into a single file (zip). Includes the above Read Me file.
- County maps showing hospital sites and EMS service levels (pdf)
- Perspectives 2004 - Individual County Reports
- Choose your 2004 County Perspectives Report using a California map (pdf)
Perspectives 2000 includes the Statewide Overview and all 58 California Counties in compressed (zipped) Excel and .pdf Formats:
Data Pulse - Why Use Risk-Adjustment?
This page was last updated on Wednesday, September 27, 2017.