Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program
The purpose of this program is to increase the number of appropriately trained allied healthcare professionals and encourage them to provide direct patient care in medically underserved areas of California. If awarded, recipients agree to continue practicing full time, direct patient care at a qualified facility in California for a twelve (12) month service obligation.
The CMSP Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program may award up to $16,000.
Who may apply?
HPEF is only awarding Allied Healthcare Professionals in CMSP-designated counties, facilities, and professions. Please see list of CMSP facilities in California that qualify.
To be eligible for the Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment, the applicant must:
- be currently licensed and practicing in an Allied Healthcare Profession, which includes, the following professions:
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesiologist assistant
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Community Health Worker
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Sonographer/Radiographers
(Including mammographer, sonographer, etc.)
- Electrocardiogram Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical assistant
- Medical Interpreter
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Radiation Scientist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Orthotist /Prosthetist
- Radiotherapist/ Radiation therapist/
- Respiratory therapist
- Surgical technologist
In addition, the applicant must:
- be providing direct patient care 32+ hours or more a week
- be working in a qualified facility
- be in good standing with respective licensure, board or certification
- have outstanding educational debt from a commercial or U.S. governmental lending institution
- be free from any other service obligation, including other HPEF programs
- be willing to continue working in a medically underserved area for twelve (12) months
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
Location eligibility search
Choose a program in the dropdown list. Enter an address into the search bar below to determine whether the worksite falls in a qualifying shortage area. If the worksite in question does not show as qualifying in the search bar, but is a veterans, county or state facility and/or federally qualified health center or Indian health center, it may also qualify. If this is the case, please contact a member of our program staff to verify.
Search is loading...
This page was last updated on Friday, April 6, 2018.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 14,721 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $169.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.