Bachelor of Science Nursing Scholarship
The 2018 application cycle for all scholarship programs is currently closed. During this time, HPEF plans to re-evaluate and reorganize its scholarship programs for future cycles. The new cycle will open January 2019. We would like to encourage all interested applicants to apply at that time. Thank you for your patience.
Who may apply?
To be eligible for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship, the applicant must:
- be currently accepted or enrolled in a Bachelor Degree nursing program in California
- be free from any other service obligation
- have a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- graduate after June 30, 2018
- be willing to work in a Medically Underserved Area for one year
- complete and submit your application through CalREACH by the application deadline
Those awarded the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship may receive up to $10,000. If awarded, recipients agree to a one-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California. Qualified facilities include those designated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Administration (HRSA) as a Medically Underserved Area (MUA), Health Professional Shortage Area - Primary Care (HPSA-PC), county, state, or veteran facility.
This page was last updated on Monday, December 11, 2017.
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF) is a state non-profit established in 1987.
HPEF has awarded more than 14,721 scholarships and loan repayments totaling more than $169.7 million to California health professionals serving in all 58 counties in areas of unmet need.