In this lesson, we'll walk through correcting some of the types of errors that might cause MIRCal to reject your data.
Before you start making corrections, you need to:
- Log on to MIRCal (see Accessing MIRCal in Module 2: Basics for All Users).
- Create the same reporting profile you used when you submitted your data (see Create a Reporting Profile in this module, Lesson 1).
- Determine which edit programs your data failed (see View an Error Summary in this module, Lesson 3).
- Print the edit program error reports for the programs your data failed (see View and Print Error Reports in this module, Lesson 3).
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify the errors in your data and determine the best way to correct them
- Correct errors online in MIRCal
- Submit your corrections to OSHPD
Jane works at CBT2, a large hospital in Central California. In Lesson 1, she submitted a data file to OSHPD as a test submission. In Lesson 3, she retrieved her submission results and found that her data was rejected because it failed four of the OSHPD edit programs: Trend, Comparative, Standard, and Re-Admission. She printed the error reports for these programs, and that's where this lesson begins.