MIRCal – Related Links
- ISO 639-2 Language Standards The Library of Congress, authorized by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) as the only official site of the ISO 639-2 Registration Authority.
- Inventory of Health Care Information Standards pertaining to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 (P.L. 104-191)
- The Administrative Simplification (AS) provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the federal agency that administers Medicare, Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program
- The United Nations’ World Health Organization (WHO) The International Classification of Diseases 10th Revision (ICD-10) is copyrighted by the World Health Organization. ICD-10 is a diagnostics classification system, and is not procedure descriptive. WHO's International Classification of Procedures in Medicine (ICPM) developed in 1979, is outdated and individual countries have produced their own classification of interventions/procedures.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) developed the ICD-10-CM, a clinical modification of the WHO’s ICD-10. The World Health Organization authorized this development. The ICD-10-CM includes the level of detail needed for morbidity classification and diagnostics specificity in the United States, as well as code titles and language that complement accepted clinical practice in the USA.
- The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) funded the development of the ICD-10 Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-PCS) which adheres to criteria established by the National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics (NCVHS). The ICD-10-PCS was developed to capture procedure codes. Together ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS have the potential to reveal more about quality of care. CMS' ICD-10 webpage contains industry resources for the ICD-10 transition.
- AHIMA's ICD-10 webpage Information from the American Health Information Management Association.
- ICD-10-CM definition in Regulation Section 97212: The International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification, published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Coding guidelines and annual revisions to ICD-10-CM are made nationally by the “Cooperating Parties” (the American Hospital Association, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the National Center for Health Statistics, and the American Health Information Management Association).
- ICD-10-PCS definition in Regulation Section 97212: The International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Procedure Coding System, published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Coding guidelines and annual revisions to ICD-10-PCS are made nationally by the “Cooperating Parties” (the American Hospital Association, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the National Center for Health Statistics, and the American Health Information Management Association).
- Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 The U.S. standards body for the cross-industry development, maintenance, and publication of electronic data exchange standards.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) An association that represents more than 103,000 specially educated health information management professionals who work throughout the healthcare industry.
- California Ambulatory Surgery Association (CASA) A non-profit organization which promotes the concept of ambulatory surgery and the quality of services provided.
- California Hospital Association (CHA) Provides statewide leadership in health policy and advocacy, representing the interests of hospitals, health systems, physician organizations and healthcare providers in California.
- California Health Information Association (CHIA) Provides leadership, education, resources and advocacy for California's Health Information Management professionals
- California Medical Association (CMA) Professional organization representing physicians dedicated to promoting and protecting the health of all Californians as well as the art and science of medicine.
- National Association of Health Data Organizations (NAHDO) NAHDO is a not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to strengthening the nation's health information system.
- National Uniform Billing Committee (UB) NUBC's major roles are to maintain the integrity of the UB data set and define the data content associated with each of the electronic transactions.
- Public Health Data Standards Consortium (PHDSC) A national non-profit membership-based organization whose goal is to empower the healthcare and public health communities with health information technology standards to improve individual and community health.
- Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) A nonprofit organization focused on the use of Health IT to improve healthcare information exchange enhancing quality of care, improving efficiency, and reducing costs of the American healthcare system. WEDI is a coalition comprised of a multi-stakeholder cross-section of the healthcare industry.
*Links to organizations found on these pages are provided solely as a service. Links on these pages do not constitute an endorsement of the organizations or the information by the State of California, and none should be inferred. The State of California is not responsible for the content of the web pages found through these links nor will it be liable for any problems arising from or in connection with the use of or reliance upon any information on the web.
This page was last updated on Friday, September 22, 2017.