the Main Error Summary page to see which edit programs your data
failed. This will give you a general idea of why your data was rejected.
- Your data will be rejected if any of the following occur:
- It fails the Transmittal Validation program.
- It fails the Licensing Check program.
- It generates any Comparative Edit errors.
- It generates any Critical Trend errors.
- One or more records with a Blank or Invalid Principal Diagnosis
- More than 2% of the records contain Standard Edit errors.
- More than 2% of the records contain Coding Edit errors.
- More than 2% of the records contain Re-Admission Edit errors.
- Non-Critical errors will not cause your data to fail.
determine the exact errors that caused your data to be rejected, look
at the edit program error reports for the programs your data failed.
Ready to test your knowledge? Click Next to take a short quiz.