- Use the Main Error Summary page to see which edit programs the data failed. This will give you a general idea of why the data was rejected.
- The data will be rejected if any of the following occur:
- It fails the Transmittal Validation program.
- It fails the Licensing Check program.
- It generates any Comparative Edit errors.
- It generates any Critical Trend errors.
- Any records are grouped to DRG 470.
- More than 2% of the records contain Standard Edit errors.
- More than 2% of the records contain Coding Edit errors.
- More than 2% of the records contain Re-Admission Edit errors.
- Non-Critical errors will not cause the data to fail.
- Exception Edit errors will not cause the data to be rejected.
- To determine the exact errors that caused the data to be rejected, look at the edit program error reports for the programs the data failed.
Ready to test your knowledge? Click Next to take a short quiz.